Book Club Information
New Hartford Public Library Book Club // January 23rd: A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Reads a variety of genres
- Meets 4th Thursday of the month 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Please be advised that this book club takes June, July, August and December off.
Mystery Book Club // December: Dry Bones by Craig Johnson (December 14th ) January 11th: Raven Black by Ann Cleeves
- Meets the 2nd Saturday of the month 11:00 am – 12:30 pm.
Wanderlust Book Club // December: Free Food for Millionaires by Min Jin Lee (December 17th) January 21st: Free Food for Millionaires by Min Jin Lee and Educated by Tara Westover (Meeting at Grapevine Restaurant in the NH Shopping Center)
- Meets 3rd Tuesday of the month 5:30-7:30 pm at local restaurants in New Hartford. Please check the Events calendar on this site to determine the current month’s restaurant choice.
A Discussion Group….Not Your Typical Book Club…..
Looking for your next book to read while you wait for your book club to meet? Try one of our newer additions to our collection!
How Our Book Clubs Work:
Our book clubs are open to the public and no registration is required. Stop in and let the Circ Desk staff know which book club you will be attending and they will provide you with a copy of the book to check out on your library card. Interested in knowing what each book club is reading? Give us a call and we can tell you that month’s selection. 315-733-1535
Interested in Starting Your Own Book Club and Hosting it at the Library?
We can help! Please contact the Library and we can help you create your own book club to be hosted at the New Hartford Public Library. We will need the following information:
- The number of members in your book club.
- Dates you would like to meet. Room availability is on a first come, first served basis with preference given to Library programs. Please see our calendar on this page to see room availability. If your group is small enough we can also schedule you in the Large Study Room.
- Your book wish list. Please keep in mind that multiple copies of newer items are harder to get and may not arrive in time for your meeting.
- Your book club information. If you are open to new members we will advertise for you on our social media accounts and public calendars.
Any other questions? Please call 315-733-1535 and we will gladly assist you and your book club.