In an effort to provide you with some great resources to enhance your child’s literacy skills, we are pleased to share this site with you. Take the time to explore and check back daily for new activities! For more information about this valuable resource […]
Are you a teen or do you know a teen that would like a say in how the New Hartford Public Library serves the teens in our area?
The NHPL is creating a Teen Readers’ Advisory Board and we are looking for members willing to lend their voices and opinions!
Teens volunteering on our Teen Advisory Board will serve in the following capacities:
- Offer title suggestions to increase our collection of YA materials
- Collaborate with NHPL Staff to develop and implement YA programs
- Offer input to NHPL Staff for the development and implementation of collaborative YA programs with Community and School District Partners
The benefits of serving on the Teen Advisory Board include:
- Development of leadership, interpersonal, and collaborative skills needed for college, employment, and the rest of life!
- Looks great on college applications!
- Watching something that you’ve worked hard on come to life is very rewarding!
The benefits to the NHPL include:
- Access to a level of expertise that we didn’t have before (because you’re young and we’re not!)
- The development of a new generation of library users and lovers who will help the NHPL be the community resource we envision
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in joining. Thank you.
Once you find a title you like, feel free to log into your account with the Mid-York Library System (you can log in at the bottom of this page under “Connect with Us”) and place a hold on the item. You will need your library […]
Collection of downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks
Instant access to stream videos, eBooks, eAudiobooks, and music
Magazine reading resource
Online language learning system
New Hartford Public Library and the Mid York System announces a partnership with Driving-Tests.org, a company dedicated to driver safety and education, to offer free Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) practice tests to library patrons. The new service includes free tests specifically based on the state’s DMV materials. It is the only site of its kind to include accessibility tools that let users hear selections read aloud, make them into MP3s, translate pages into other languages, magnify text, and mask portions of the screen for greater visibility on the practice tests.
This partnership allows the New Hartford Public Library to harness the power of Driving-Tests.org’s specialized practice exams to turn new drivers into safer drivers. The new program will work as an outreach to several valued groups of patrons, including teens, those with disabilities, and seniors who need to take a renewal exam, as well as patrons at every other stage of life.
Driving-Tests.org is a part of Elegant E-Learning, Inc., an eight-year-old company with a proven track record of revolutionizing online resources for learner drivers. Driving-Tests.org is part of a plan to improve global driver safety by providing free practice tests written by experts to anyone who wants to study, along with online copies of official study guides. To help achieve this goal, the company has also created driving practice sites for the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and India.
Log in to Your Mid-York Account:
New Hartford Public Library Book Club // The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian Reads a variety of genres Meets 4th Thursday of the month 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm Please be advised that this book club takes July and August off. Mystery Book Club […]
A full listing of our scheduled events can be found on our Events page. Interested in an event? Simply click on the event and you can add it to your personal calendar. Printable Version of Monthly Calendar: February The Library Value Calculator can […]
Don’t forget to check our events calendar to see all of our upcoming programs!
- Story hours are held every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 10:30 am to 11:00 am. Toddlers and preschoolers are welcome with their parents or caregivers. Join us for stories and crafts!
Rocking Chair Readers
- Every Friday starting at 10:30 a community member reads to the children.
- Interested in being a Rocking Chair Reader? Please call the Library (315) 733-1535 and ask to speak to Ashlyn.
- Watch the website and look for fliers posted in the Library. Miss Ashlyn’s creativity knows no bounds and she has tons of projects and programs up her sleeve. Stay tuned!