Our Curbside Pick Up service will allow patrons to reserve books, audiobooks, DVDs and other materials online at https://www.newhartfordpubliclibrary.org or by calling 315-733-1535.
- We will notify you via email or phone when your Curbside Pick Up order is ready. At that time you will schedule an appointment for pick up. A New Hartford Public Library staff member will assign a parking space to you at that time. Please do not come to the Library without scheduling a pick up time with our staff. Scheduling allows us to maintain proper social distancing. Should you miss your scheduled time, please call to reschedule.
- Patrons who are coming to pick up materials must stay in their vehicles at all times. Please have the back seat car window rolled down or the trunk of your vehicle open prior to the staff member reaching your vehicle. A staff member will place your order in the car. You will not have contact with staff. Your materials will already be checked out and your receipt will be attached to your items.
- If you are walking to the Library instead of driving, please go to the designated assigned parking spot. A staff member will place your items on the curb. Please avoid contact with the staff and maintain proper social distancing of 6 ft. at all times.
- If you have materials to return, please place them in one of the library’s book drops. All returned materials will be quarantined before they are available to the community. That means it may take up to 4-5 days for materials you have returned to be discharged from your account. We will be changing the book drop date to the date it was returned prior to being discharged and not the date the quarantine ends.
- No book donations will be accepted at this time.
- Staff will not be able to take payment for past fines. Fines may be handled online (www.midyork.org), be paid by mail, or handled once the Library reopens. Fines will not have accrued during the time we were closed due to COVID-19. All due dates have been extended to July 1st but books may be returned starting June 4th.
- Patrons will be required to wear masks when they are in the Library for the foreseeable future.
- We are prepared and ready to safely offer this Curbside Pick up service. Additional programs will be available when we are able to safely provide them to our community. As always, the safety of our staff, patrons, and community is paramount.
- Online resources including Libby (Overdrive), RB Digital, and Transparent Language lessons have been available and expanded throughout the closure and will remain
available. For help accessing those resources please call to speak with staff: 315-733-1535